Avengers: Endgame is here! While many films are spoilt after having had a second film made, Marvel have managed to make 22 films in this franchise and it is still as popular as ever. So popular in fact that it is the highest grossing franchise of all time. At the premiere this week stars revealed the film had them crying and laughing and they were the ones making the movie, so what can that mean for how we will react to it?!
About the Film
– The film will be the longest Marvel film at 3 hours and 1 minute.
– It is the last time Stan Lee will feature in a film.
– According to Kevin Feige (President of Marvel Studios) all the footage used in the trailers are only from the first 15-20 minutes of the film.
– The Russo brothers wrote a letter to all the fans asking them to not reveal any spoilers when they go and see it. They previously did this with Avengers: Infinity War.
– To reduce the possibility of leaks and spoilers, Marvel moved the release date up.
– The first trailer was supposed to be released on the 5th December but was delayed due to the death of former US president George Bush. The official trailer was the first video to ever reach 1 million likes in less than 4 hours.
– The title of the film was released with the first trailer.
– Photos leaked of some of the cast wearing costumes from the first Avengers film, leading many to think that there will be a flashback sequence or time travel in the film’s storyline.
– One of Thanos’ victims was Doctor Strange, and Benedict Cumberbatch has denied that he is in the new one. He said “I did want to know what my role was in both films and wanted to have an idea of where this film went, in the parts that I’m… because I’m not in this film.”
The making of the film
– It is written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
– Filming began on August 10 2017 and was filmed just after Avengers: Infinity War finished.
– Those in Ant Man and the Wasp (Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly) were filming that film and Endgame at the same time.
– The Russo brothers came on board to direct it in April 2015. This is the fourth Marvel film the brothers have directed.
– Filming took place in Georgia and finished in January 2018 although reshoots were happening until January 2019.
– It is reported that both Evans and Hemsworth earned $15 million for doing the film.
– The movie was temporarily shut down because of Hurricane Irma in September 2017.
– Since starring as Captain America, Chris Evans has appeared as him 10 times.
– Even though Captain Marvel came out before Avengers: Endgame, Brie Larson shot her scenes for this movie first.
– Tom Holland breaks Tobey Maguire’s record for playing Spiderman the most times.
– Mark Ruffalo has announced that he is no longer going to play Hulk after this film.
– Chris Evans has also announced he will no longer play Captain America.
– For a lot of the stars, Endgame was the last contractual obligation for Robert Downey Junior, however he has stated he still plans to be involved with the Marvel Universe after this.
– As you may know, Mark Ruffalo is the winner when it comes to spoilers. It has been widely reported he got into some trouble after he revealed the ending to Infinity war months before its release and he even live streamed 10 minutes of Thor: Ragnarok.
So that is everything to know before you go and watch the Avengers: Endgame! As Marvel are the masters of keeping things secret I am sure there will be a lot of twists and turns so let us know what you think of the film!